BRUCE D. WAUGH
Waugh’s Mountain View Electric, Inc.
Post Office Box 97 | Rumford, Maine 04276
Phone (207) 364-2700 | Fax (207) 545-2423
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.waughselectric.com
Waugh’s Mountain View Electric | Rumford, Maine 2004 — Present
- Established and operates a successful electrical company which currently employs 12 full-time employees
- Thirty-five years’ experience in residential, commercial and industrial electrical services
- Replaced two feeder cables with two 350 MCM 11.5 KV 500 foot per cable and installed new tray system for the feeders at Brookfield Hydro Power in Rumford, Maine
- Performed electrical maintained shutdowns of 265M gas turbine located in Rumford, Maine.
- Disconnected all electrical components for the turbine and generator in order to be serviced and reconnected
- Replaced oil filled circuit breaker with a SF6 breaker in NYPA switchyard located in Massena, New York
- Worked with Eaton Electrical to automate seven hydro facilities in Maine, two facilities with two units in Lawrence, Massachusetts and one facility with two units in Lowell, Massachusetts
- Assisted in rebuilding two 6.5M generators, installed taller runners to increase the output to 7.6M as well as disconnected and recounted all electrical components on two generators
- Rebuilt a 7.5M unit with new feeders and new controls for Allen Bradley, PLC
- Visit the Projects page of Waugh’s Mountain View Electric’s website for additional work performed
Mead Westvaco/New Page | Rumford, Maine 1995 — 2005
- 1993 through 1995 supervised maintenance crew on R12 Paper Machine as well as the finishing room roll wrap area
- 1995 through 2004 supervised R12 Paper Machine as well as the Finishing Room Roll Wrap area
- 2004 through 2005 supervised a construction crew on a special assignment team of 10 mechanical and five E/I craftspeople
E.S. Boulos | South Portland, Maine 1992 — 1995
- Supervised crews, estimated job costs and analyzed job costs
- Conducted a mill wide evacuation and emergency lighting system
Northeast Industrial Company | Winthrop, Maine 1986 — 1992
General Superintendent at Boise Cascade
- September 1991 through 1992 served as Electrical/Instrumentation Superintendent
- Responsibilities included estimating electrical and instrumentation projects, supervising two electrical foremen along with their crews of up to ten men
- Supervised a crew and participated in upgrading existing electrical installations to meet OSHA standards
- December 1990 through September 1991 served as General Superintendent at Boise Cascade
- Responsibilities included being responsible for all mechanical, piping, civil, electrical and instrumentation crews averaging 20-30 employees
- Responsibilities included working with Boise Cascade’s engineers, factory representatives and vendors to complete punch list items, as well as operation problems created from the recently completed modernization project
- Responsible for submitting budget estimates and schedules to Boise Cascade’s engineers
- November 1988 through November 1990 served as Electrical/Instrumentation Superintendent for Boise Cascade’s Rumford Modernization Project
- Responsible for estimating, scheduling, production, scheduling updates, distribution of drawings to required crews and calibration of instruments
- Oversaw an average of 60 electrical and 40 instrumentation employees to perform the following:
- #15 Paper Machine speed-up E/I portion included replacement of existing head box with a new Beloit Concept III head box, replacement of existing 1,500 KVA substation with a new 2,000 KVA substation, replacement of existing DC drive with a new Ross Hill drive to feed the secondary fan pump (1,500HP), installation of a new MVS line up to feed a new 800 HP refiner motor, installation of new tray and cable system for the purpose of refeeding 40 to 50 motors to increase horsepower and upgraded instrumentation system for speed-up
- Lime Kiln Cable Relocation included rerouting a portion of an existing pole line approximately 100 feet to allow for the construction of a new lime kiln building. Cables relocated were multi-conductor control 350 MCM 11.5 KV single conductors insulated and ACSR 11.5 KV uninsulated
- Pulp Mill/Bleach Plant Upgrade-E/I portion included construction of a three-story electric building including two 2,500 KVA substations, 11.5 to 2,400 V, one square D MVS line-up, eight 600 V motor control centers and a new DCS. Installed 4,000 feet 15KV 350 MCM 15 KV cable and terminated the feeders for the new substations (15 feeder cables). Installed new tray systems and cable for the upgrade.
- #10 Paper Machine Rebuild/Speed-up E/I portion included construction of a new electric room consisting of five new substations (three 2,000 KVA 11.5/575V, one 2,000 KVA 11.5/5/480V and one 5,000 KVA 11.5 to 2,400V). Installed 3,000 feet of 350 MCM 15 KV cable and terminated the feeders for the new substation (10 feeder cables). Installation of AC drive system for the paper machine drives (Allen Bradley) 48 sections, 75 new 480V motors, DCS system, Beloit top wire former, ESYER WYESS press section, two solaronics IR propane dryers with a Measurex control system, two tail cutters, sheet reader, cleaners starters for the primary and secondary fan pumps, new inserts for existing control consoles, replaced 80% of the existing instrumentation system.
- 115 KV Switch Yard Addition E/I portion included installation of two 115 to 11.5 KV transformers, circuit and isolation switches. Erected steel tower to support 795 cables and to tie into existing 115 KV cables. Secondary side of transformers, installed tray system, pulled and terminated 3,000 feet of 15 KV 500 MCM feeder cables into the existing switch gear (eight feeder cables).
- June 1986 through November 1988 served as Electrical General Foreman for Boise Cascade
- Responsibilities included supervising projects to replace existing PCB transformers, installation of primary and secondary switches at eight substations, MVS line-ups for new 400-800 horsepower refiners, two winders, two 120 foot GE highmast lighting poles, replacement of wood room lighting systems, Measurex systems on six paper machines, control systems on five paper machines, DC drive system on 12 PM (a GE turn-key operation), replaced 50 to 60 feeder cables with 20,000 feet of 15 KV 350 MCM cable with one of the cables running 2,600 linear feet.
- Coordinated with Westinghouse and General Electric in the remove of PCB transformers from Boise Cascade, Liberty Mutual, Fraser Paper and James River
- Supervised the installation of an Accuray system at International Paper in Jay, Maine
- State of Maine Masters Electrical License #60014091
- Davis Electrical Apprenticeship Training Course
- Central Maine Vocational Technical Institute
- National Electrical Code I and II
- Basic Programmable Controllers
- Supervision Seminar sponsored by AGC
- “How to Supervise People” sponsored by AGC
- 3M Power Cable Accessory Seminar
- Calibration course, Systec, Inc.
- Instrumentation/Calibration course, Foxboro
- DOS, Windows and Lotus 123 course
- 1979 Graduate of Mexico High School